Medical Indicators, NexTemp 7 day, Disposable Thermometers are used for applications when a short-term, low cost, patient-dedicated thermometer is desired. The NexTemp® 7-Day thermometers are designed to take many accurate temperature readings for up to 7 calendar days, then to be discarded at patient discharge. Safety for the patient; low cost for the healthcare facility.
How NexTemp® 7-Day is used:
- Each NexTemp® 7-Day thermometer unit is dedicated to a single patient at time of check-in at the healthcare facility. These units can be used multiple times, as per the directions for use, for a period of up to 7 days in duration. NexTemp® 7-Day is typically used for patients who will stay at a healthcare facility for 2 days or more.
- The wrapper of the NexTemp® 7-Day thermometers has been designed to store the clean thermometers after each use. The wrapper additionally has an adhesive strip to enable it to be attached to the patient’s records, the patient’s chart or other designated object to enhance convenient placement.
- The NexTemp® 7-Day thermometers are used in exactly the same manner as NexTemp® Standard or NexTemp® Ultra, except that 7-Day is cleaned after each use and returned to its holder for subsequent uses by the same patient.
- NexTemp® 7-Day is cleaned with an alcohol swab or warm soapy water after each use. After 7 days of use, or when the patient is discharged, the thermometer and the holder are discarded.
Advantages & Uses:
- Accurate temperature-taking instrument (±0.2ºF / ±0.1ºC)
- Reduces the risk of infection, provided that the unit is dedicated to a single patient and cleaned after each use
- Low cost per temperature – can be as low as $0.01 per temperature taken, depending on the duration used and number of temperatures
- Replaces (and is less costly than) expensive digital and other single patient thermometers
- Discarded when done. Environmentally friendly with a small waste footprint
NexTemp® 7-Day Thermometers provide oral temperature readings in one minute; axillary (underarm) temperature readings in 3 minutes. After the required temperature-taking period has elapsed, remove the patient’s thermometer and read the temperature scale immediately, looking for the last black dot.
Although NexTemp® thermometers may appear simplistic, its accuracy is the same as, or better than other thermometers commonly used in a healthcare setting. Each of the “dots” has its own formulated temperature point that “fires” at a specific temperature. When a temperature point (dot) fires, its color changes from green to black. The number of temperature dots that fire depends upon the patient’s temperature. The last black dot will indicate the patient’s oral or axillary temperature reading to an accuracy of ±0.2ºF/±0.1ºC.
Medical professionals have used NexTemp® for over 25 years in acute care hospitals, physician’s offices, dialysis centers, clinics and long term care facilities. It is a proven medical device that is used around the world. NexTemp® is US FDA listed; is manufactured under Quality System ISO 13485 (2003); carries a CE Mark; and conforms to ASTM E 1299-96 specifications. All product manufacturing is performed in the United States.
- Accurate: ±0.2°F / ±0.1°C (between 98.0°F to 102.0°F / 37.0°C to 39.0°C)
- Reduces the risk of infection, cross-infection or reinfection
- Low cost per temperature…as low as $0.01 each
- Safe, non-toxic, mercury-free, latex-free
- Oral or Axillary temperature range of 96.0°F to 104.8°F / 35.5°C to 40.4°C
- Unbreakable. No expensive repairs or capital equipment commitments
- No equipment to clean after each and every use (per the manufacturer’s instructions)
- Economical: No probe covers, batteries, or calibration required
- No special conditions required. Thermometer resets itself automatically if exposed to elevated temperatures during shipment or storage (best stored in a cool dry place below 86°F / 30°C)
- Easily transportable, unbreakable, inexpensive, convenient.
- Shelf life of 5 years from the date of manufacture