Medical Indicators, NexTemp, Rectal Thermometers are disposable Rectal Thermometers for use when a rectal temperature measurement is desired. NexTemp® Plus Rectal thermometers are unwrapped, and are packed in a 100 count box with 100 rectal sheaths. The thermometer slides into a rectal sheath and is ready for use as per the “Directions for Use” located in the product box. After the 3 minute temperature-taking period is complete, the sheath (containing the thermometer) is removed from the rectum. The thermometer is then removed from the sheath and read. All items are discarded after use.
Accuracy for the NexTemp® Plus is ±0.2ºF/±0.1ºC.
As with the other NexTemp® products, the NexTemp® Plus helps prevent cross-contamination that can expose patients to infections such as C.difficile, MRSA, Norovirus, and Rotavirus. These infections are easily spread through casual person-to-person and object-to-person contact. NexTemp® Plus thermometers circumvent this risk by eliminating the use of reusable equipment (which often carries infectious disease) and by providing a clean instrument that is used with a single patient and then discarded.
Medical professionals have used NexTemp® for over 25 years in acute care hospitals, physician’s offices, dialysis centers, clinics and long term care facilities. It is a proven medical device that is used around the world. NexTemp® is US FDA listed; is manufactured under Quality System ISO 13485 (2003); carries a CE Mark; and conforms to ASTM E 1299-96 specifications. All product manufacturing is performed in the United States.
NexTemp® Plus rectal thermometers provide an accurate temperature reading in about 3 minutes. For complete directions, please refer to the ‘directions for use’ located in the product box.
NexTemp® Plus thermometers measure rectal body temperatures in the range of 96.0°F to 104.8°F / 35.5°C to 40.4°C. Although the NexTemp® thermometers may appear simplistic, its accuracy is the same as, or better than other thermometers commonly used in a healthcare setting. Each of the “dots” has its own formulated temperature point that “fires” at a specific temperature. When a temperature point (dot) fires, its color changes from green to black. The number of temperature dots that fire depends upon the patient’s temperature. The last black dot will indicate the patient’s rectal temperature reading to an accuracy of ±0.2ºF / ±0.1ºC.
- Accurate: ±0.2°F / ±0.1°C (between 98.0°F to 102.0°F / 37.0°C to 39.0°C)
- Safe, non-toxic, mercury-free, latex-free
- Reduces the risk of infection, cross-infection or reinfection
- Unbreakable. No expensive repairs or capital equipment commitments
- No equipment to clean after each and every use (per the manufacturer’s instructions)
- Economical: No probe covers, batteries, or calibration required
- No special conditions required. Thermometer resets itself automatically if exposed to elevated temperatures during shipment or storage (best stored in a cool dry place below 86°F / 30°C)
- Easily transportable, unbreakable, inexpensive, convenient.
- Shelf life: 5 years from the date of manufacture