Disposable Traxit Thermometers
What’s more challenging than taking a child’s temperature! Children are commonly uncooperative with traditional temperature-taking methods, which can lead to reading inaccuracies, or worse – upsetting an ill child. Subsequent temperature re-takes are necessary to monitor the child’s temperature trend, which means that you face the same battle on a regular basis. TraxIt® axillary thermometers, which were specifically designed for use with young children, address all of these issues.
How does TraxIt® work?
- TraxIt® adheres to the child’s underarm, high up in the armpit, with the adhesive side against the body
- TraxIt®’s adhesive is a gentle, latex-free, hypoallergenic medical tape that won’t irritate a child’s healthy skin
- After the TraxIt® thermometer is applied, lower the child’s arm and wait for about 3 minutes before the first temperature reading
- After 3 minutes (longer time periods do not adversely affect accuracy), lift the Child’s arm and read the temperature grid. The highest black color “dot” indicates the correct axillary temperature
- The TraxIt® thermometer is now in its “continuous temperature reading” mode. From this point forward, simply lift the child’s arm and read the temperature grid for the correct temperature
- The TraxIt® thermometer can be left in place for up to 48 hours on normal, healthy skin. You can even leave it in place through bathing – TraxIt® is waterproof
- To remove, gently peel off and discard
TraxIt® uses a liquid crystal technology that provides an accuracy of ±0.2ºF within the range of 98.0ºF to 102.0ºF (±0.1ºC within the range of 37.0ºC to 39.0ºC). There is no temperature offset for TraxIt®. TraxIt® displays the actual axillary temperature. Axillary temperature readings are typically 0.5ºF (0.3ºC) lower than oral, and 1.0ºF (0.6ºC) lower than rectal.
TraxIt® is Safe
- Non-toxic, mercury free, latex free, hypoallergenic
- Gentle medical adhesive tape used
- Environmentally friendly. Dispose of TraxIt® in regular trash, or follow your established waste stream
100 units/box, 20 boxes/case